- Sunday | October 2, 2022
How does Westminster help hungry people?
- We take food directly to hungry neighbors
- We fill the shelves at SHIM from our Gilfillan Garden
- We volunteer at the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank and,
- We write to congress!
How does this help?
The U.S. Farm Bill is up for renewal in the spring. And it’s not just about farming…75% of the Farm Bill allocation goes to support SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program) which provides food for hungry people in the U.S. Currently 42 million people are served by this program. If you’d like to get “in the weeds” with data, click here.
How do I know what to write?
There will be sample letters available, and background information if you’d like to compose your own.
What if I don’t know my congressperson’s name or address?
We’ll have all that information available, including addressed envelopes and stamps.
Where and when is this happening?
Sunday morning, October 2, after all three services.
• In the Welcome Center following the 8:30 and 11:00 services
• In the WROC after the Bridge service