Bass Soloist/Section Leader
Supervisor: Music Director
Status: Independent Contractor
Participate as a member of a professional vocal quartet that provides solo and small ensemble music; provide professional support to the Chancel Choir, our volunteer choirSoloist/Section leaders will:
- attend all Chancel Choir rehearsals during the Church’s program year: Thursdays from 7:00-9:00, late August through mid-May.
- sing at 8:30 Sunday worship services (8:00 call) from Labor Day through the third week of June as a member of the quartet.
- sing at 11:00 Sunday worship services (10:30 call) from Labor Day through the third week of June as a member of the Chancel Choir.
- lead and provide instruction to volunteer choir members at choir rehearsals and in sectional rehearsals, when needed.
- sing Christmas Eve services at 9:00 (call time 8:15) and 11:00 (call time 10:30)
- sing Maundy Thursday service at 7:00 pm - call time 6:15
- participate in all Chancel Choir special concerts and rehearsals for additional compensation: Christmas Concert - Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 7:00 pm/6:15 call
- Absences should be scheduled in advance with the music director. When scheduled to be absent, Soloist/Section Leaders are to provide a substitute.
- Soloist/Section Leaders are not paid for sick days or absences.
- Weddings, funerals and summer solos are optional. Additional compensation to be agreed upon with the soloist.
Bachelor Degree in Music or comparable training/experienceSupervisory Responsibilities:
Interested applicants should contact Christine Hestwood to schedule an audition, which will include the following:
- One Classical sacred piece
- One of any of the following: popular/musical theatre/contemporary Christian/gospel sight reading
An accompanist will be provided; please bring a copy of both selections for the accompanist.
Be prepared to sightread and talk with the audition panel.
Custodian Position Openings
Full time custodian position
Responsibilities include cleaning and maintain church and grounds.