- Sunday | September 23, 2018
- 08:00 AM - 02:00 PM
- Fellowship Hall
This blood drive is the third and final one for 2018. Central Blood Bank coordinates with the Westminster Deacons to plan and set up for the event. No words can describe how much donated blood serves our community, each and every day. You do not have to be experienced at donating blood, just the simple act of giving is what matters.
Sponsored by the deacons, Westminster’s blood drive is a significant event that benefits donors and recipients alike. Many of the deacons will also be assisting with this event, either as donors, greeters, or helping behind the scenes.
In order to donate, you must:
• Be 17 years or older (16 with parental consent)
• Weigh at least 110 lbs.
• Not have donated within the last 56 days
• Be in good health
Medications such as insulin, aspirin, and high blood pressure treatments do not prevent you from donating. If you have any medical questions, please call Central Blood Bank’s Medical Help Line at 412-209-7160.
For your convenience and to help the Central Blood Bank to plan for this drive, we ask all prospective donors to pre-register in one of the following ways:
• Online at www.centralbloodbank.org, using sponsor code G0010171
• Signup tables before or after worship services on September 9 and 16.
• Contact the church office at 412-835-6630
• Walk-ins are always welcome; donors already registered will be taken first.
For those planning to donate, please remember to eat a good breakfast and drink plenty of non-caffeinated beverages. There will be plenty of snacks and goodies for all donors!
The Westminster Deacons thank you in advance for your support of this worthy mission.