- Sunday | May 19, 2019
- 08:00 AM - 02:00 PM
- Fellowship Hall
Westminster will host its second blood drive of 2019. Blood donations are at a critical low in our area and Western Pennsylvania. Vitalant is asking the public to help. Life-saving needs are always a priority, but without enough blood, many surgeries and treatments risk cancellation.
Sponsored by the Deacons, Westminster’s blood drive is a significant event that benefits donors and recipients alike. Many of the deacons will also be assisting with this event, either as donors, greeters, or helping behind the scenes.
In order to donate, you must:
• Be 17 years or older (16 with parental consent)
• Weigh at least 110 lbs.
• Not have donated within the last 56 days
• Be in good health
Medications such as insulin, aspirin, and high blood pressure treatments do not prevent you from donating. If you have any medical questions, please call Vitalant at 877-258-4825.
For your convenience and to help Vitalant to plan for this drive, we ask all prospective donors to pre-register in one of the following ways:
• Register online at vitalant.org, using sponsor code G0010171.
• Signup tables will be available before or after worship services on May 5 and 12.
• Contact the church office at 412-835-6630.
• Walk-ins are always welcome; donors already registered will be taken first.
For those planning to donate, please remember to eat a good breakfast and drink plenty of non-caffeinated beverages. There will be snacks and goodies available for all donors!
The Westminster Deacons thank you in advance for your support of this worthy mission.