Our mission is to ensure we’re being good stewards of all God’s creation by advocating a greater awareness of what it means to be in love and charity with our neighbors and with the living creatures of our world. In particular, some of that stewardship will be more narrowly defined through a Pet Ministry which calls us to care especially for people and their pets, as well as the relationships that exist between them.
Our vision is to cultivate, nurture, and sustain an environment that acknowledges and honors the unique relationship between people and their pets through education, services, and events. These will include:
- Spire articles, library resources, and guest speakers
- an annual Blessing of the Pets for people to celebrate their pets
- an annual Remembrance Service for people who have lost pets
- a collaboration with Open Arms Ministries to provide companionship and assistance for pets or their owners in crisis or in need
- a collaboration with the Transportation Team to provide rides for pet owners in crisis or in need
CERTIFIED THERAPY DOGS
Certified therapy dogs are specially trained and certified dogs who provide comfort, love, and happiness through visits made to hospital patients, nursing home and assisted living residents, and others.
Throughout the year, the Westminster Recreation & Outreach Center (WROC) partners with Pet Ministry to offer classes to certify your pet as a therapy dog. If you have a dog who you would like to certify, or if you or a loved one would like a visit from a certified therapy dog, please contact Dave Fetterman.
October 16, 2014
"Therapy dogs undergo rigorous classes, testing to do their job"
"Here's what a therapy dog needs to do"
Therapy Dog Training
October 13, 20, 27 and November 3
Mondays: 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Shop and Adopt:
A Pet Rescue Event
Sunday, November 23
Noon - 6:00 p.m.
Mt. Lebanon Galleria
More details coming soon!
Pet Remembrance Service
Sunday, December 14
2:00 - 3:00 p.m. in the WROC